Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2020


NZ sea lions

There are only about 10,000 of them left and they are
protected under the National Parks and Wildlife Act of 1972.
One of the main reasons why their numbers are low is due to
the males often killing the pups. They do so because they view
them as a threat to their own dominance.

  • New zealand sea lions are very rare animals.
  • Most of them live on New zealand’s islands in the far south
  • near Antarctica.
  • Male sea lions are called bulls.Females are cows,and young
  • ones are pups.
  • No humans live on these islands.
  • They are safe habitats for sea birds,seals,and sea lions.
  • Sea lions are large mammals.
  • Sea lions come onto land along the coast to rest.
  • When the pups are big enough,the cows go out to sea to
  • hunt for food.
  • The pups live together in pods when their mothers are at
  • sea.
  • Each tag has a number so that they can keep track of the
  • pups and tell them apart from one another.

1 comment:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!